Dream on January 30, 2009
I had a dream of a super earthquake hitting the Los Angeles area. I was outside in an outdoor festival. My brother is with me. Many people are sitting around waiting for what appeared to be a chorus to start singing. Down below us there was a young man with a bible in his hand facing the audience. He was about to give a speech and speak. At that time I looked closely at this young man’s eyes. I was seated about a few rows up in what appeared to be bleachers. As is typical of the area there was a mixture of families and many other people of mixed races, religions and beliefs. I continued looking down below at this young man. As we waited he said let’s wait for the other cities to join us, I then heard a list of many cities around the area mentioned.
All of a sudden before he began to speak a loud crack in the sky was heard. This loud noise was just enormous and magnificent. It sounded as if the sky was breaking open, kind of like the largest thunder you have ever heard. Everyone stopped, frozen as if waiting for something to happen. Within seconds of the sound the entire ground began to shake violently and everyone realized an earthquake was starting.
Screams went up, and people ran in a panic. I started running along with my brother. I held his hand as I ran.
As I ran I saw buildings all around me start to collapse, they fell like domino’s. The ground continued to shake in what seemed to be a very long time. I realized then I could not outrun the earthquake and I did not want to look back but I realized by looking to my side and up front as I ran that everything around me would be demolished if this continued. My brother was crying. I then closed my eyes but continued running. As I ran I prayed, please Lord protect us, we are yours. Lord let your will be done, if it is my time to go so be it, my life is in your hands. I don’t know how I was able to run with my eyes closed but I did. Inside of me I felt that what was in the spiritual realm was more real and greater than what I saw happening in the physical. So I didn’t want to focus on the fallen buildings.
All of a sudden as I continued to hold onto my brother’s hand I felt that we were lifted up and carried as if an invisible hand lifted my brother and I up a few hundred feet and forward. My eyes were still closed as I prayed, and I felt this sort of like invisible shield around us, as if in a a bubble pocket.
The sensation was if if there was a pocket around us, and someone was carrying that. The best visual I can think of is to imagine a big bubble from a bubble gum. The bubble is clear and we are in that bubble, and what I believe is either an angel, or the Lord is carrying us. We were then placed on the ground. I opened my eyes and realized the earthquake had stopped. I looked around me and there were people walking around the rubble in disbelief.
Interpretation of Dream
– The L.A. area will be hit with a large earthquake. The cities that were called out in the dream include Pasadena, Glendale, and I don’t recall the other cities. But the feeling from the dream is that it would be the San Fernando Valley, and/or cities close to that area. The interesting thing is that just recently a friend of mine told me that there is a fault under the Glendale, Pasadena area.
– Many are caught up in pleasure and entertainment seeking things of this world, as reflected in the festival setting.
– Christians and non-believers will be impacted by the upcoming superquake. There were many different people and races with different religions in the dream, which is illustrative of the vast melting pot of L.A.
– Not everyone who carries a bible has a true message or is from the Lord. In my dream when I saw the man with the bible I was able to discern his heart and I knew his message was not of the Lord. Yet, many were awaiting his message, and the ‘chorus’, as if it were good plans/message because he was carrying a bible. This person was waiting to share and spread this false message.
– As things in the physical begin to manifest, as demonstrated by the earthquake, the Lord is greater than this and our focus should be on Him, Jesus Christ. He will protect the faithful believers. Look to him despite what we see happen around us in the physical, surrender all to Him. Believe in faith.
– My brother was the person who led me to the Lord. Our holding hands physically did not mean that when the earthquake happens that I will be with him actually holding his hand. This was meant to show the spiritual connection we had and the Lord’s covering. This also impressed upon me the importance and impact of other believers to pray for their brethren in Los Angeles for their protection, which serves as a covering. The Lord will honor those prayers.
Also, their is no timing or dates associated with the dream. I will leave that to the Lord.
Matthew 24:6 – “And YOU will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that YOU are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but THE END IS NOT YET. Wars are NOT a sign of the end, as the end of verse 6 clearly tells us. He will tell them later in this chapter that when they see a war, not hear of one, they are to flee. Then Jesus tells THEM that they will see NATION FIGHTING NATION, FAMINES, PESTILENCE, and EARTHQUAKES.
Matthew 24:7 – “For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.”